Super Photon ring-8 GeV
This beamline was designed for conducting various experiments performed by industrial users. Employing a figure-8 undulator which can provide both vertically and horizontally polarized hard X-rays, two experimental tandem hutches (A1-A2 and B2-B1) can be operated simultaneously. A double-crystal monochromator composed of diamond crystals is adopted to introduce monochromatized X-rays to the experimental hutches A1 and A2. Microbeam small- and wide-angle X-ray scattering for local structure analysis is operated in hutch A1. Surface/interface analysis by fluorescent X-ray analysis, strain measurements and grazing incidence X-ray diffraction are operated in hutch A2. A double-crystal monochromator composed of silicon crystals is adopted to introduce monochromatized X-rays to the experimental hutches B2 and B1. Micro-XAFS, scanning/imaging microscope, micro-tomography are operated in hutch B2. Studies of microstructure of electronic device materials and bright field X-ray topography are operated in hutch B1. 1
Automated Systems at BL24XU:
“To achieve high-throughput protein crystallography, we have developed two special components: an automated sample changer robot, SPACE (SPring-8 precise auto-matic cryo-sample exchanger) (Ueno, Hirose et al., 2004), which can change up to 100 crystals in a diffractometer, and the beamline control software BSS (beamline scheduling software) (Ueno et al., 2005), which can perform successive data collection by controlling beamline devices, including SPACE, and managing the data collection schedule. The combination of SPACE and BSS enables unmanned overnight data collection and allows the beamline to operate with high efficiency.” 2
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||Uni-Puck||Uni-Puck, ALS, ACTOR†, SPACE tray|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B1-R, B3-R, B3S-R, B5-R, SPACE pin|
|*Robotic Sample Handling, Aina Cohen. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
†To purchase ACTOR pucks, please contact us.
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.