Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source
The A1 station receives doubly-focused monochromatic X-rays from the 49-pole CHESS West wiggler. A white-beam collimating mirror in front of the monochromator assists in reducing the heat load on the monochromator crystal and aids in focusing. The small size of the beam at the focal position makes this station well suited for scattering experiments using extremely small specimens. A1 is used almost exclusively for macromolecular crystallography, and is fully equipped for this purpose. The X-ray wavelength is suitable for monochromatic data collection from most macromolecular crystals, as well as for collection of SAD (single-wavelength anomalous diffraction) data from SeMet-containing crystals. 1
Automated Systems at A1:
MacCHESS has an ALS-style crystal automounters available at beamlines A1 and F1. The F1 automounter is a BAM-1 model with pneumatic actuators, while the automounter at A1 is a BAM-2 with a 3-axis Cartesian robot. Both accept Uni-pucks and ALS pin bases with 18 mm pins. The F1 automounter also accepts the earlier ALS pucks. 2
David J. Schuller
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||ALS Puck||Uni-Puck, ALS, ACTOR†|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Rod Length||18mm/SPINE||11 mm, 18mm/SPINE, 19 mm, 25 mm|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable, B3S-Reusable, B5-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B3S-Reusable, B5-Reusable|
| *MacCHESS. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
†To purchase ACTOR pucks, please contact us.
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.