In the field of recombinant protein production, Jena Bioscience has developed its proprietary LEXSY (Leishmania Expression System) technology. It is based on an S1-classified unicellular organism that combines easy handling with a eukaryotic protein folding and modification machinery. Besides everything you need to establish LEXSY in your lab we also offer custom expression of recombinant proteins.
LEXSY - Eukaryotic protein expression in Leishmania tarentolae
The unicellular kinetoplast protozoan Leishmania tarentolae, isolated from the Moorish gecko Tarentola mauritanica, not pathogenic to mammalians (Biosafety level 1) – was turned into the protein-producing host of our eukaryotic protein expression system LEXSY:
- eukaryotic host as easy to handle as E. coli: no specific labware, no cell biology equipment required
- fully eukaryotic protein expression machinery with post-translational modifications, including glycosylation and disulfide bond formation
- shuttle vectors: cloning in E. coli, expression in LEXSY host
- constitutive or inducible, intracellular or secretory expression of target proteins
- stable expression strains for constant protein production
Visit the Lexsy Expression Background page for technical information including how to select and use Lexsy Expression.