Tools and Accessories for handling, cryocooling, and storage of samples for Electron Microscopy
Showing all 11 results
Cryo-EM Puck Dewar and Insert
• Easily transfer Cryo Grid Boxes in LN2Full Description
• Securely hold Cryo-EM Puck in place during transfer
• Easily locate indexed positions of the Cryo Grid Boxes
• Ideal for liquid nitrogen use
Keeping your samples safely organized during storage and transportation allows your lab to focus on research. We have designed the most advanced system for easily keeping track of your Cryo-EM specimen grids under cryogenic conditions.
Our Cryo-EM Pucks feature 12 numbered wells, a see-through lid with easy-access tweezer notches for easy retrieving. Each puck can be customized with a unique serial numbers, so that you know where every sample is, when your microscope time arrives.
MiTeGen Cryo-EM Pucks now feature a Lid Lock mechanism. This allows the pucks to be easily loaded into storage and shipping canes. See the full description below to learn more.Full Description
Grid boxes form an essential part of the Cryo-EM workflow, as they enable the transfer and storage of vitrified samples on standard EM grids in liquid nitrogen storage dewars.
Performance Benefits:Full Description
• Anti Static Polymer
• Four numbered, diamond-shaped positions
• Optional use of uniquely numbered Pressure Adhesive Cryo Label
• Label positioning allows for easy viewing of identification number during storage and use
• Ideal for liquid nitrogen storage systems
• Standard Round size
• Easy turning of lid with tweezers
• Ready to use and economical
• Disposable low-cost device
A short amphipathic polymer that is specifically designed for membrane protein stabilization. The surfactant possesses a very high affinity for the transmembrane surfaces and allows to solubilize membrane proteins in a detergent-free aqueous solution.
Amount: 50 mg
Shipping: shipped at ambient temperature
Storage Conditions: store at -20 °C
Shelf Life: 12 months
Molecular Formula: (C6.2H10.3O1.35N0.65Na0.35)35
Molecular Weight: approx. 8 kDa
Stabilizing agent in Cryo-EM[2-5] and X-ray crystallography
 Zoonens et al. (2014) Amphipols for Each Season. J Membrane Biol 247:759.
 Chen et al. (2016) Structure of the STRA6 receptor for retinol uptake. Science 353:887.
 Zubcevic et al. (2016) Cryo-Electron Microscopy of the Trpv2 Ion Channel. Nat Struct Mol Biol 23:180.
 Bai et al. (2015) Sampling the conformational space of the catalytic subunit of human gamma-secretase. DOI 10.7554/eLife.11182.
 Althoff et al. (2011) Arrangement of electron transport chain components in bovine mitochondrial supercomplex I1III2IV1. EMBO J 30:4652.
 Polovinkin et al. (2014) High-Resolution Structure of a Membrane Protein Transferred from Amphipol to a Lipidic Mesophase. J Membrane Biol 247:997.
Specimen grid boxes for storing or transferring cryogenic TEM specimen grids.
- Four diamond shaped slots
- Non-static cover is held in place with stainless steel screw, which is tapped in the center of the box
- Boxes that fit the FEI Vitrobot™, Gatan 626™, Gatan 3500™
- Round designs fit MiTeGen brand Cryo-EM Pucks
The EMS-002 Rapid Immersion Freezer is an economical, universal application Cryo Workstation for reliably and consistently preparing samples for electron microscopy.
The EMS-002 Rapid Immersion Freezer is an economical, universal application Cryo Workstation for reliably and consistently preparing samples for electron microscopy. Combined with its accessories it can be used for a wide range of techniques and purposes.
The EMS GloQube™ is the first-of-its-kind compact, easy to use, stand-alone glow discharge system.
Key Features Include:
- Dual independent chambers
- Hydrophilic/hydrophobic and negative/positive modes
- Fully automatic, short process times
- Safe vapor delivery using septum-sealed vials
- Automatic valving between chambers to prevent cross-contamination
- Controlled venting to prevent sample disturbance
The primary application of the EMS GloQube™ is the hydrophilization (wetting) of carbon-coated TEM support films and grids which otherwise have the tendency to be hydrophobic. Glow discharge treatment with air will make film surfaces negatively charged and hydrophilic and allow the easy spread of aqueous solutions. This and other processes are outlined below.Full Description