Get access to the latest developments, new products, and information for crystallography and Cryo-EM.
SUBSCRIBE HERE ->
May Newsletter 2020
The May MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Learn about CrystalDirect plates and how they do more than grow crystals
- Recommended online groups for crystallography, molecular & cellular electron microscopy and biological EM
- Continuing support for researchers working on SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19
- Our updated SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 resource guide
- Industry job openings in crystallography, beamline, cryo-EM and structural biology
- Our new metal cryo grid storage boxes
- Crystallography, neutron scattering and cryo-em news
April Newsletter 2020
The April MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Priority support for those working on SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
- Updated SARS-CoV-2 – COVID-19 resource guide
- Featured article on comparing serial X-ray crystallography and microcrystal electron diffraction (microED) as methods for routine structure determination from small macromolecular crystals
- Online workshops and events for crystallography and cryoem
- Industry job openings in cryo-em, x-ray diffraction,structural biology and more
- Resources for learning during self isolation
March Special Newsletter 2020
The SARS-CoV-2 edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Timely information pertaining to the SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Inspiring work at Diamond Light Source on how they were able to perform a full X-ray fragment based drug discovery experiment on the SARS-CoV-2 main protease
- XChem facility at DLS and the role MiTeGen played in optimizing their crystal looping and data collection pipeline
- Resources for researchers working on COVID-19 – SARS-CoV-2. This includes beamline, structural biology services, scholarly journal access and more
- How we at MiTeGen are responding to the COVID-19 outbreak
The February edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- NANUQ advanced cryocooling device install at Macromolecular Structure Group at UCSF
- How you can try NANUQ advanced cryocooling
- Events – The 3rd LACA School on Small Molecule Crystallography
- Events – Visualizing Biological Complexity Across Scales in 3 Dimensional Electron Microscopy
- Highly cited MiTeGen products – MiTeGen MicroRT Room Temperature SC XRD simplified
- You might be interested in – HHMI Investigator program and CERIC Call For Proposals
- Recently updated product category – Beamline and Home Source Tools
- Industry job openings – University of Exeter Postdoctoral Research Associate position and Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques CryoEM Facility Manager position
- Scholarships – Ludo Frevel Crystallography Scholarship
- Work experience for students – CERNs Beamline for Schools (BL4S)
The January edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Featured Article – A Shared Vision For Macromolecular Crystallography Over The Next 5 Years
- How our selection of crystallography, cryo-EM and lab equipment and products support numerous techniques
- Upcoming events including the ACA Summer Course in Chemical Crystallography 2020 and Sea Coast 2020 – South Asian Crystallography Overview and Systematic Training
- Learn how MiTeGen can sponsor your event
- Two you might be interested items including the NIH Early Career Reviewer (ECR) Program and the User Proposals to the National Center for CryoEM Access and Training (NCCAT)
- Our New Lab Program designed for new or expanding labs. Whether you are using crystallography, cryo-em or another technique to solve structures we offer your lab the special pricing it needs to get started
- Two industry job openings – One at the Laboratory of Protein Structure International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB) in Warsaw Poland and the other at The Receptor Structural Biology Group (Kastrup group) and Computational Receptor Biology Group (Gloriam group), Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology at the University of Copenhagen
- Two internship opportunities – These are the DESY Summer Student Programme 2020 and the Diamond Light Source’s Annual Schools Work Experience Programme
- Reminder to follow us on Twitter @MiTeGen for more industry news
The December edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Cryo-Cooling and Sample Handling Optimization Talks and How You Can Learn More About This Topic
- Facility Spotlight: CM01 – The Cryo-EM Facility at the ESRF
- Popular tools for facilities using Cryo-EM including Grids for Negative Staining, Holey Carbon Grids and Grid Box Pucks
- Spotlight: Membrane Protein Crystallography
- Popular Products For Membrane Protein Crystallography including IMISX Crystallization Kit, LCP Kits and Crystal Screens and Mounts for Crystals in LCP
- Upcoming events – The New York Structural Biology Discussion Group 2020 Winter Meeting and The Eleventh International Workshop on X-ray Radiation Damage to Biological Samples
- MiTeGen Event Sponsorship
- Items You Might Be Interested In – The Royal Society of Chemistry is offering financial assistance And League of European Accelerator-based Photon Sources
- MiTeGen New Lab Program
- Two Jobs Openings
The November edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Featured article on Visualization of Protein Crystals By High-Energy Phase-Contrast X-ray Imaging
- MAXIV Updates: Remote Data Collection Available
- Popular Tools at MAXIV and Other Beamlines – These include:
- Recent Events:
- The Second New York Area Cryo-EM Meeting – October 24th 2019 in New York, New York
- The 27th Protein Structure Determination in Industry Meeting – November 3rd to 5th 2019 in Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK
- The 4th New England Cryo-EM Symposium at UMASS
- MiTeGen New Lab Program and Monthly Product Specials
- Industry job openings at Diamond and EMBL Grenoble for beamline scientists
- MiTeGen product user sharing their experience with our Mounts on Twitter
The October edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Featured article on Cryo-Cooling in Macromolecular Crystallography – Lecture and Workshop in Cape Town
- How to eliminate ice from your crystal diffraction
- How you can try NANUQ and see the impact cryocooling has on your diffraction quality
- Macromolecular Crystallography Beamline Time at CHESS
- News on an upcoming event – The Second New York Area Cryo-EM Meeting – October 24th 2019 in New York, New York
- News on an upcoming event – The 27th Protein Structure Determination in Industry Meeting – November 3rd to 5th 2019 in Hinxton, Cambridgeshire, UK
- MiTeGen New Lab Program and Monthly Product Specials
- Industry job openings at ESRF-EBS and Swiss Light Source for scientists, engineers and technicians
The September edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- Our new lab program which provides special pricing & product bundles for new or expanding labs
- Our monthly special deals, promotions & give-aways, on a selection of our offerings
- Featured article on Macromolecular Powder Diffraction – Sample Preparation and Handling
- Beamline job opening at MAX IV Laboratory
- News on an upcoming event – Understanding Biology Through Structure Symposium – March 16-20, 2020 in Sante Fe, New Mexico
- News on an upcoming event – Fourth Annual SoCal Symposium On Cryo-EM – September 20th, 2019 in Pasadena, California
The August edition of the MiTeGen newsletter contains:
- News on the changes occurring at MX Beamlines in Europe and two solutions for managing these changes
- JoVE video journal article reviewing the uses of the XtalTool
- Career Resources from Lightsources.org
- American Crystallography Association Meeting Wrap-up
Our 2019 MiTeGen catalog is now available. See our latest offerings for crystallography, cryo em and more.
In addition, learn about:
- Custom Barcoding Now Available For Unipucks
- Spotlight: Loops Help Enable Research
- 2019 American Cystallography Association Meeting
- 2019 Microscopy & Microanalysis Meeting
Register for our upcoming webinar on how NANUQ™ can improve your cryocooling results. Learn about how to choose the best loop for your crystals and about our newest generation of Cryo-EM pucks for improved storage and tracking of grids and cryo grid boxes.
Enter our MiTeGen Product Credit Giveaway, see latest innovations in structure determination, and apply for a beamline job.
See a crystallization plate’s view of earth from the ISS. See what the most popular crystallization tool in 2018 was and catch up on interesting news.
Still plunge cooling crystals the hold fashioned way? Learn how automated plunge cooling with increased cooling rates can improve data quality and eliminate variables. In addition, we discuss our NANUQ™ Access Facility
Learn about our travels around the world and give your input on a survey to help shape how Cryo-EM samples are stored.
It has been an exciting few months here at MiTeGen. Learn about all of the recent developments and see a posting for a new position at Omeros. They need a talented protein crystallizer!
We are are launching a new product, Watershed™, to improve crystal harvesting by preventing drop dehydration. We have some new additions to pucks and other exciting news!
We are proud to say that our product, In Situ-1™, has been launch into space! Read about the In Situ-1™ on board SpaceX CRS-14.
Learn how the XChem facility at Diamond Light Source is revolutionizing fragment screening, and enabled users to screen more than 30,000 crystals on MiTeGen loops in 2017.
We highlight one big milestone for our researchers, some new developments in Cryo-EM, and review some of the most recent news.
Read our December 2017 newsletter where we highlight our new beamstops, two new crystallization screens, and recent news around the crystallography industry.
Read our November 2017 newsletter here for highlights on automated crystal harvesting with CrystalDirect Plates, our Mount Selection Guide, and recent news around the crystallography industry.
Read our October 2017 newsletter where we highlight our new website, our crystallization screens, and recent news around the crystallography industry.