As a dynamic and fast growing company, MiTeGen is often looking for additional personnel to join our stellar team. Resumes of A+ performers are always welcome at [email protected]. The following positions are currently open with flexibility for part–time or full–time placements.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]!
Looking for an exciting opportunity where you could join a rapidly growing biotechnology company? This role has meaningful impact to both the company and the way research is being performed around the world.
This Scientific Sales Associate will have primary focus on the development of sales opportunities with scientific customers. This will include outlining scientist-focused sales campaigns, making sales calls to scientists, nurturing opportunities, and providing sales support to a broad range of researchers from academia to industry.
The role of Scientific Sales Associate at MiTeGen requires a multi-talented individual who can adapt their skill set to a broad range of areas within our growing organization.
Someone with an outgoing personality, who loves speaking on the phone, will thrive in this role. A strong background in structural biology or related science is required. Experience with crystallography is strongly preferred.
A scientifically-minded individual who is highly motivated to develop relationships, find solutions and has the ability to adapt to various situations and company needs will find this to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to start a career where they can make a difference.
The Scientific Sales Associate role has a primary focus including:
- Generating new sales
- Providing sales quotes, and follow-up communication
- Managing customer accounts and nurturing customer relationships to support business development
- Providing prompt customer service and sales support
- Supporting the inside sales team in day-to-day order entry and operations
The Scientific Sales Associate is expected to:
- Aide the business development team in prospecting new customers
- Introduce our innovative tools and identify potential buyers within the target market
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships with scientists and researchers by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications
- Assist in daily business development tasks and customer interactions
- Meet or exceed weekly commitments for leads, calls and sales quotas
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in our CRM, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached
- Utilize creativity and passion to win in a team-oriented environment
Essential skills and attributes include :
- Must be an excellent and proactive communicator with customers, employees, and executives
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must enjoying speaking on the phone with a diverse community of researchers
- Demonstrated ability to handle a broad range of responsibilities successfully.
- Ability to prioritize, streamline, and execute a very large number of tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to work with a variety of personalities at all levels
The Scientific Sales Associate must be highly self-motivated, and highly organized. They should have a strong desire to develop new skills and to personally grow professionally.
The Scientific Sales Associate must be extremely adaptable and efficient.
As a small technology start-up company, we provide opportunities for skill development and professional growth beyond the core job function for motivated and capable individuals.
Desirable additional skills include (not required): Strong preference given to applicants with additional aptitude, skills and demonstrated experience in any one or more of these areas:
- Knowledge of structural biology, and/or protein chemistry
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined activity quotas.
- CRM Management
Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
The Scientific Sales Associate must be able to efficiently perform general office tasks such as working at a computer and telephone, etc.
All personnel at MiTeGen are required to contribute positively to the motivation, efficiency and enjoyable atmosphere of the workplace. They must comply with company policies and directives of management with a positive win-win attitude. They must perform well under stress and remain objective and supportive of the company and of teammates. They must respond positively to management direction and proactively work to improve interpersonal relationships and the work environment. The Scientific Sales Associate will help to promote and protect a culture that exhibits such an atmosphere.
Language Abilities :
The Scientific Sales Associate must be able to communicate very effectively and efficiently in English, both verbally in person and over the phone, and in written form. They must demonstrate the ability to write, read, and accurately interpret as required. They must be able to convert verbal discussion into accurate and professional written documentation. They must be able to speak in a professional manner to colleagues, and customers, as required either individually or in small groups. They must be able to articulate complex ideas and concepts related to products and processes.
The Scientific Sales Associate will work in and contribute to maintaining a clean, orderly, safe and positive working atmosphere. Typical office-like conditions apply throughout the facility.
No visa sponsorship included with this position
Vacation & Holiday Benefits
It is the policy of MiTeGen to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Ithaca, NY 14850 (Required)
PO Box 3867
Ithaca, NY 14852