Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source
ID7B2 has a CHESS Compact Undulator, a multilayer monochromator, available Compound Refractive Lens, air bearing goniometer, cryostream, BAM-2 robotic automounter with 9 puck capacity and ALS compatibility.
The beamline is suitable for monochromatic and SAD experiments. (i.e. wavelength can be changed, but not by the user).
Experiments considered include a mixture of standard crystallography (manual mounting, auto-mounting and remote), serial crystallography development, and high pressure crystallography.
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||ALS Puck||Uni-Puck, ALS, ACTOR†|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Rod Length||18mm/SPINE||18mm/SPINE, 19 mm|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable, B3S-Reusable, B5-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B3S-Reusable, B5-Reusable|
*MacCHESS. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
†To purchase ACTOR pucks, please contact us.
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.