APS 19-ID (SBC)
The Advanced Photon Source
The SBC makes a biochemistry laboratory available to the scientific community as well as two experimental stations: an insertion-device- 19-ID, and a bending-magnet- 19-BM. SBC beamlines are well suited for a wide range of crystallographic experiments involving: crystals of macromolecular assemblies with very large unit cell, MAD/SAD phasing, crystals of membrane proteins, small weakly diffracting crystals, ultra-high resolution crystallography, and cryo-crystallography.1
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||Uni-Puck||Uni-Puck, ALS, ACTOR†|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B1A, B5-R, B5|
*Experimental End Station. Training | SBC. Retrieved November 4, 2013.
†To purchase ACTOR pucks, please contact us.
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.