Cornell High Energy Synchrotron Source
F1 provides doubly-focused monochromatic X-rays, originating as half of the fan of radiation from the 24-pole 1.2 Tesla CHESS East wiggler (the other half feeds F2). A white-beam collimating mirror located upstream of the F1 and F2 monochromators reduces the heat load on the optics as well as aiding in focusing. The horizontally-focusing F1 monochromator is located 20 meters from the source, and a vertically focusing mirror is located 0.68 m downstream of this. The final focused beam has 1 mrad horizontal and 0.4 mrad vertical divergence. The working focal point is 4-6 meters beyond the focusing mirror. 1
Automated Systems at F1:
MacCHESS has an ALS-style crystal automounters available at beamlines A1 and F1. The F1 automounter is a BAM-1 model with pneumatic actuators, while the automounter at A1 is a BAM-2 with a 3-axis Cartesian robot. Both accept Uni-pucks and ALS pin bases with 18 mm pins. The F1 automounter also accepts the earlier ALS pucks. 2
David J. Schuller
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||ALS Puck||Uni-Puck, ALS, ACTOR†|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Rod Length||18mm/SPINE||11 mm, 18mm/SPINE, 19 mm, 25 mm|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable, B3S-Reusable, B5-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B3S-Reusable, B5-Reusable|
| *MacCHESS. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
†To purchase ACTOR pucks, please contact us.
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.