MANACA – MX at Sirius Synchrotron Source
Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory
Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Brazilian Synchrotron Light Laboratory – LNLS
Brazilian Center for Research in Energy and Materials – CNPEM
MANACA (macromolecular, micro and Nano Serial Crystallography) will be the first macromolecular crystallography beamline at Sirius, optimized for high flux, micro-beam size and small beam divergence (0.3 mrad). The focus is optimized to 10 x 7 um (HxV) at sample position, but the beam size can be adjusted from 100 x 80 um to 10 x 7 um allowing match the beam to the crystal size. Additionally, the beam can also be cut to achieve smaller sizes (e.g. 5×5 um). The photon flux at sample will be ~3x1012ph/s/100mA at 12.5 keV and energy range from 6 to 20 keV. Setups for serial crystallography data collection and analyses, as well as automation procedures, are being prepared.
The great beam characteristics provided by Sirius and the high stability and precision of the optics and experimental station will allow the diffraction of challenging samples such as viruses (and other big unit cell crystals), membrane proteins and complexes, which commonly yield small crystals. The energy range and beamline setup will allow native SAD phasing, eliminating the necessity of additional experiments to solve new structures. The experiment control will be done using a user-friendly graphical interface (MXCuBE), and automatic data processing (from data reduction to initial modeling) will be available.1
ANA CAROLINA DE MATTOS ZERI
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B5-R|
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.