SLSPSI X10SA – PXII
Swiss Light Source @ Paul Scherrer Institut
The second beam line for protein crystallography has been jointly funded by the Max Planck Society (MPG) and the pharmaceutical companies Novartis and Hoffmann La Roche. The three partners and the Paul Scherrer Institute are therefore the principal users of this facility. The design and construction of beam line X10SA (PXII) is based on the highly successful first beam line X06SA (PXI) and is particularly suited for large unit cells and small crystals. 1
Wang, Meitian Dr.
Pauluhn, Anuschka Dr.
Marsh, May Dr.
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B5-Reusable||B5-R, B-5|
|*Sample Changer at X10SA. Retrived November 19, 2013.|
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.