APS 17-ID, (IMCA-CAT)
The Advanced Photon Source
IMCA-CAT is dedicated to high-throughput macromolecular crystallography for the pharmaceutical industry. The beamlines are equipped with robotics and automated for sample screening, ranking, data acquisition, and data processing. Multiple modes of access are available, including on site, mail in, and remote. APS 17-ID is equipped with an Rigaku ACTOR automounting robot (capacity for 240 samples)1
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||Uni-Puck||Uni-Puck, ALS, ACTOR†|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Rod Length||18mm/SPINE||18mm/SPINE only|
|*Beamline 17-ID-B: Sector 17 – Insertion Device Beamline. Argonne National Laboratory. Retrieved November 4, 2013.
†To purchase ACTOR pucks, please contact us.
** Use MiTeGen Reusable bases only with MiTeGen brand pins. If using other mounts, use glue-in style bases.
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.