NSLS II AMX (17-ID-1)
National Synchrotron Light Source NSLSII
Upton, New York
Custom Automounter System
AMX is a highly automated macromolecular crystallography beamline designed to meet the needs of the biomedical researcher in revealing structure and function of living systems. With its best in class high-flux mini beam size of 7×5 um2 size and low divergence (1×0.5 mrad), and with its high flux of 5 10^12 ph/s, it supports data collections at cryogenic and room temperatures, in specially developed compact crystallization media, and by serial crystallography methods. Its high flux, fast framing Eiger 9M detector running at 200 Hz, and automated sample exchange robotics enable investigators to efficiently discover the best diffracting crystal among available specimen, to carry out exhaustive binding studies, and to collect highly redundant data sets from many crystals to find by hierarchical sorting the conformers and classes that yield the highest resolution structures. AMX supports the visiting scientist, the remote participant, and is capable of database-driven automatic data collections.
The beamline delivers a 7×5 um2 focused beam in the energy range of 5-18 keV allowing for atomic resolution data collection and for low energy Sulfur-SAD phasing experiments. In-situ data collection is limited to in-house compact mini-plates, used for either high throughput screening or fragment screening using Acoustic Droplet Ejection (ADE) available at the NSLS-II.
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||SPINE (B5)||SPINE (B5)|
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.