NSLS II FMX (17-ID-2)
National Synchrotron Light Source NSLSII
Upton, New York
Custom Automounter System
The Frontier Microfocusing Macromolecular Crystallography (FMX) beamline supports microcrystallography with a variable beam size from 1 to 10 µm and a flux of 3.5e12 photons/s at 1 Ang, optimized for data collection from difficult-to-measure large crystals, from needle clusters, and from the smallest micro-crystals. The photon energy can be chosen between 5 keV for native phasing experiments and 30 keV.
The beam properties and the highly stable experimental station are ideal for structure determination from molecular targets that often yield small or weakly diffracting crystals, such as membrane proteins, large protein complexes, or RNA complexes. The high flux beam and fast pixel array detector enable room temperature data collection on hard to freeze crystals. FMX further embraces ultra-fast raster scanning serial crystallography to obtain complete datasets from hundreds to thousands of microcrystals. In-situ data collection is supported for mini-plates (in-house or commercial).
Crystal mounting robotics and automated data processing ensure high throughput and rapid feedback about data quality, resolution and completeness. Data collection can be done on site, from a remote connection, or fully automatic.
To contact the Life Sciences group, please see here.
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
** Use MiTeGen Reusable bases only with MiTeGen brand loops/mounts. If using other mounts, use glue-in style bases.**
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||SPINE (B5)||SPINE (B5-Reusable), SPINE (B5)|
|*Cryogenic Crystal Automounter. Retrieved November 5, 2013.|
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.