SLSPSI X06SA – PXI
Swiss Light Source @ Paul Scherrer Institut
X06SA (PXI) is the first macromolecular crystallography beamline at the Swiss Light Source. It is equipped with a flexible two-stage focusing X-ray optics system and a single–photon counting hybrid pixel area EIGER 16M (Dectris) detector. X06SA is well suited for micro-crystals, crystallography of large unit cell structures, and single/multiwavelength anomalous diffraction experiments (SAD/MAD).
Wavelength range: (Å) 0.7 – 2.2
Spectral range: (keV) 5.7 – 17.5
Energy resolution (%): 0.02
Flux at 12.4 keV at 400mA (ph/s): > 2 x 1012
Spot size h x v (μm): Fast change from 5 x 5 to 100 x 100, option to focus on detector
Smallest focusing 10 x 1. Smallest beam 2 x 1 is available upon request
Detector: EIGER 16M X (133 Hz)1
Wang, Meitian Dr.
Pauluhn, Anuschka Dr.
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B5-Reusable||B5-R, B-5|
|*Sample Changer at X06SA. Retrived November 19, 2013.|
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.