Crystallophore Pre-Screening Agents
You have your choice of two Crystallophore Pre-Screening Agents. Both are mainly adapted to soluble proteins and complexes. Their new nucleating packaging is now adapted for limited amounts of protein (25 µL). Crystallophore Pre-Screening Agents are sold in packs of 5 vials.
LuXo4-01-N as PRE-SCREENING AGENT (LuXo4-01/0.15mg to use) – Sold in Quantity of Five Microtubes, with 0.15mg in each Microtube
Lutetium based LuXo4-01-N does not only provide new crystallization conditions but it also improves the quality of the obtained crystals and is designed to improve phasing properties of obtained co-crystals using SAD or MAD methods
TbXo4-02-N V2 as PRE-SCREENING AGENT (TbXo4-02/0.17 mg to use) – Sold in Quantity of Five Microtubes, with 0.17 mg in each Microtube
Second generation Terbium based Crystallophore, TbXo4-02-N is an effective nucleant that presents improved nucleation enhancement properties to Tb-Xo4 first generation. It is also designed to improve phasing properties of obtained co-crystals using SAD or MAD methods
LuXo4-01-N and TbXo4-02-N are considered complementary nucleating agents. Try them out for:
- Generating new crystallization conditions
- Inducing different crystal forms
- Improving crystal quality and reproducibility.
Prior to crystallization experiments, Crystallophore LuXo4-01-N and TbXo4-02-N shall be dissolved first with 25 µL of protein solution before running crystallization trials. (Both are supplied in 0.5 ml microtubes having a conical bottom and screw cap under Argon.)
Your order will ship in approximately 7 daysUse The Drop Down Below To Order OR Learn More Below
The quantities of each of these products are different (0,15mg and 0,17mg) because of their respective molar mass.
Instructions for LuXo4-01-N and TbXo4-02-N as a PRE-SCREENING AGENTS.
Methods of use:
- A short centrifugation of the Xo4-N microtube allows the powder* to form a pellet.
- The pellet is then re-suspended with 25 µl of protein solution to reach a final Xo4 concentration of 10 mM.
- Mix it (the protein solution may turn cloudy without affecting the subsequent screening. Check for nano/micro crystals)
- The solution shall be immediately used for crystallization.
- 2' It’s also possible to play with the Xo4 concentration, as hits have already been observed from 2 mM and up to 50 mM and more: by forming the drop through the mixing of 1 vol of protein solution + 1 vol of Xo4 solution + 1 vol of precipitant (in that order = Xo4 first). In the case of a cloudy solution after addition of the protein solution, repeat the process by dissolving first the crystallophore powder with a solution of NaHCO3 10mM at pH 7
- 3' Use it immediately for your screening trials by doing a 1+1+1 drop (in that order: protein solution + Xo4 solution + precipitant solution)
Use mother liquor or aliquots of Xo4 rapidly and store them frozen at -80°C until further use.
Depending on the protein, different screens can be used. In order to get as many exploitable hits as possible, the optimal crystallization experiment would combine screening of conditions of the protein both in native conditions and in presence of Xo4 (i.e.: two drops shall be made, without and with).
*can also be a light brown oil: the aspect of the product can be distorted by an effect of temperature or transport, but it does not change its efficiency.