FORMOscreen® Antibody Formulation Screen
The FORMOscreen® allows for rapid characterization of your antibody of choice in 96 pre-made buffer conditions, derived from the formulations of therapeutic antibodies approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA) and the EMA (European Medicines Agency, EU). The substance combinations have already shown to have positive effects on antibody formulation and stability and thus provide optimal starting points for developing pre-formulations for therapeutic and diagnostic antibody candidates.
- Amount is 96 solutions (230 μl each)
- Designed for research use only
- Shipping – Shipped at ambient temperature
- Storage conditions – Store at 4 °C
- Shelf Life – 6 months
- Ideal for antibody stability screening and unfolding analysis
- Allows for rapid characterization of buffer influence on chemical, thermal, colloidal, and conformational stability, long-term storage stability, forced-degradation resistance, as well as biochemical activity and antigen-binding
- Enables quick-and-easy buffer optimization and pre-formulation
- Use with your biophysical or biochemical read-out of choice (e.g. DSF, nanoDSF, DSC, DLS, LC-MS, SEC-HPLC, ELISA, etc.)
- Can just as well be used for stability analysis and buffer optimization of any kind of protein
Usage of the FORMOscreen® could give rise to liability for patent infringement, because the use of the provided buffers with their corresponding original product/antibody as listed below is protected by patents. Purchase of the FORMOscreen® grants no right for use of these antibodies with the supplied patent-protected buffers.
A2: Adcetris/Brentuximab Vedotin
A10: Besponsa/Inotuzumab Ozogamicin
B4: Cimzia/Certolizumab Pegol
D3: Kadcyla/Ado-Trastuzumab Emtansine
E6: Prostascint/Capromab Pendetide
E7: Prostascint/Capromab Pendetide
F6: Simponi Aria/Golimumab
Before using the plate, check the seal for any defects.
1) Let the plate adjust to room temperature.
2) Centrifuge the plate at 300 g for 60 seconds.
3) Carefully remove seal and avoid spilling buffers into adjacent wells.
4) Check all wells for possible precipitations.
In case of visible precipitates, carefully resuspend the respective buffers by pipetting up and down. Buffers in rows G and H and buffer A12 can be more susceptible to precipitation. Ensure proper resuspension before using. In case a 5x-stock solution of a buffer cannot be resuspended completely, dilution of the buffer to its final 1x concentration will ensure proper solving of buffer components. This does not impair buffer quality and the buffer can still be used normally.
5) Prepare the assay samples by diluting your target antibody or protein to the final required assay concentration while also bringing the buffers to 1x final concentration.
Example: Antibody stock concentration 8 mg/mL, required antibody assay concentration 1 mg/mL, final assay volume of 50 μL:
- Mix 10 μL of each 5x buffer stock with 33.75 μL ultrapure water
- Add 6.25 μL antibody
- The antibody will then be at 1 mg/mL in the final 1x buffer
6) Alternatively, in order to generate 1x buffer solutions, dilute the 5x stocks 1:5 in ultrapure water, e.g. mix 100 μl of 5x stocks with 400 μl ultrapure water and mix carefully to get 500 μl 1x buffer solutions.