Easier setup, soaking, and room temperature data collection by replacing coverslips for 24-well plate hanging drop crystallization.
The XtalTool (patent pending) was developed as a platform for protein X-ray crystallography to be used in all steps from crystallization, ligand soaking to room temperature data collection.
- Eliminate direct crystal handling
- Prevent damage to fragile crystals
- Protect crystal packing and diffraction quality
- Simplify soaking (ligands, fragments, cryoprotectants)
- Stop struggling with easy-to-break glass coverslips
- Collect room or cryogenic data without harvesting on home sources or at the synchrotron
- 24 XtalTools Per Kit
- See this article at Jove for an overview of how the Xtal tool can be used as an all-in-one sample holder for macromolecular x-ray crystallography with minimal background scattering