Canadian Light Source Inc.
Designed for complementary performance to the 08ID-1 beamline, the 08B1-1 beamline is used for screening crystals, high-throughput crystallographic analysis of well-ordered crystals and other more specialized analyses. The design incorporates a vertical focusing mirror (VFM), white beam slits (WBS), a double crystal monochromator (DCM) with an indirectly water-cooled first crystal, and a toroidal focusing mirror. The endstation includes a versatile ACCEL MD2 microdiffractometer and MarMosaic mx300 CCD X-ray detector. Like on the 08ID-1 beamline, beamline controls are operated through MxDC.
The 08B1-1 bending magnet produces a lower photon flux than the 08ID-1 insertion device which means that exposure times for crystals on the 08B1-1 beamline are longer than on the 08ID-1 beamline; however, the energy range of this very stable beamline extends to 4.0 keV, where anomalous and dispersive signals from naturally-occurring sulfur atoms and other lighter elements are higher.
The beamline is additionally equipped with Vortex ME4 & Röntec XFlash 1001 detectors to perform X-ray spectroscopy for MAD/SAD, X-ray Absorption Near Edge Structure (XANES) and Extended X-ray Absorption Fine Structure analyses on crystals. Additionally, the endstation is equipped with an automounter robot allowing for remote experiments as well as onsite work. The goniometer is equipped with a mini-kappa device. An HC1 humidity control device is also available for use on this beamline.1
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||Uni-Puck||Uni-Puck, SSRL|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B1-Reusable, B3-Reusable, B3S-Reusable|
|*CMCF – Samples and Automounters. Retrieved November 12, 2013.|
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.