Canadian Light Source Inc.
ISARA sample changer
The scientific goal of the 08ID-1 beamline is to operate a protein crystallography beamline suitable for studying small crystals and crystals with large unit cells. The overall design of the beamline consists of white beam slits (WBS), a double crystal monochromator (DCM) with an indirectly cryo-cooled first crystal and sagittally focusing second crystal, and vertical focusing mirror (VFM). The beamline is completed with an innovative endstation and a Pilatus3 S 6M X-ray detector. The beamline controls are based on EPICS and are complemented with MxDC, a user-friendly interface developed in-house.
The source of X-rays on 08ID-1 is a small-gap undulator inserted into the storage ring (and is hence termed an “insertion device”). As its name suggests, the undulator produces a periodic magnetic field that causes the path of the orbiting electrons to undulate, resulting in an emitted X-ray beam of higher spectral brilliance than could be produced by the simpler path taken by the electrons through a bending magnet.
The beamline is equipped with a Röntec XFlash 1001 to perform X-ray spectroscopy measurements for SAD/MAD experiments as well as X-ray fluorescence (XRF) measurements for metal identification. An ISARA automounter allows remote experiments as well as onsite work.1
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B1-Reusable, B3-Reusable, B3S-Reusable|
|*CMCF – Samples and Automounters. Retrieved November 12, 2013.|
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.