Super Photon ring-8 GeV
Most of proteins substantially important in biological research have difficulties in growing single crystals of sufficient size. The beamline BL32XU is dedicated to ‘protein micro-crystallography’ by using micro-sized crystals. Stable brilliant micro-beam with size ranging 1 µm to 15 µm, a rapid-readout detector (EIGER X 9M), a high precision air-bearing goniometer, an automated sample changer SPACE are available. Recently, a fully automated data collection system, ZOO[#1, #2], has been developed at this beamline. The system enables all of possible ‘goniometer-based’ data collection schemes such as ‘normal(rotation crystallography)’, ‘multiple small wedge’, ‘helical’, ‘serial synchrotron rotation’ schemes. Additionally, the beamline has much experienced in experimental phasing and high resolution structure analyses of membrane protein crystals (Please refer the publication list).
Available X-ray energy ranges 9-15 keV. Available beamsize ranges 1×1 µm ~ 10(H)×15(V) µm with roughly same photon flux density of 7×1010 photons/sec/µm2 in all beam sizes.1
Automated Systems at BL32XU:
“To achieve high-throughput protein crystallography, we have developed two special components: an automated sample changer robot, SPACE (SPring-8 precise auto-matic cryo-sample exchanger) (Ueno, Hirose et al., 2004), which can change up to 100 crystals in a diffractometer, and the beamline control software BSS (beamline scheduling software) (Ueno et al., 2005), which can perform successive data collection by controlling beamline devices, including SPACE, and managing the data collection schedule. The combination of SPACE and BSS enables unmanned overnight data collection and allows the beamline to operate with high efficiency.” 2
We recommend the following tools for their compatibility and ease-of-use.
|Puck Style||Uni-Puck||Uni-Puck, ALS, ACTOR†, SPACE tray|
|Mount/Loop Style||MicroMounts™ & MicroLoops™ LD||Any|
|Base Style||B1A-Reusable||B1A-Reusable, B1-R, B3-R, B3S-R, B5-R, SPACE pin|
|*Robotic Sample Handling, Aina Cohen. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
†To purchase ACTOR pucks, please contact us.
Sample Preparation Kits
Convenient kits of compatible assemblies of MiTeGen recommended products
Beamline Sample Preparation Kits are available in 3 aperture size assortments based on your crystal sizes and include:
- Assemblies of 100 Crystal Mounts, on 18 mm pins, available in the following assortment:
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ LD (5 each of 10, 20, 30 and 50 μm aperture sizes)
- 40 x Dual-Thickness MicroMount ™ (10 each of 75, 100, 150 and 200 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x Dual-Thickness MicroLoops ™ (5 each of 300, 400, 500 and 600 μm aperture sizes)
- 20 x MicroMeshes ™ (5 each of 10, 25, 50 and 25L μm aperture sizes)
- Installed in 100 B5-R reusable bases or 100 regular bases
- Packaged and stored in 5 MiTeGen base holders
Uni-puck Starter Kit 2 includes:
- (7) Universal V-1 Pucks
- (1) Double Puck Loading Dewar with Lid
- (1) Puck Wand
- (1) Puck Dewar Loading Tool
- (1) Puck Separator Tools
- (1) Shelved Puck Shipping Cane
- (1) Bent Cryo-Tong
- (1) Cryo Express Dry Shipper (CX100)
- (1) Shipping case for CX100
*custom kits are available, contact MiTeGen with specific requests.