The Ethane Cryostat is designed to provide temperature-controlled liquid ethane, for reproducible vitrification of biological and material samples for cryogenic electron microscopy (Cryo EM).
Developed in collaboration with Dr. Christopher Russo, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, users can confidently prepare grids using an device optimized to provide consistent, high-quality results. The Ethane Cryostat design is built on decades of experience from users preparing thousands of samples for single particle analysis (SPA), electron crystallography (MicroED), and electron tomography (Cryo-ET).
Key features and benefits of the Ethane Cryostat
- It is the only ethane cryostat in the world with a heat control element which prevents your liquid ethane from evaporating away
- Provides controlled cryogenic temperatures
- User-friendly design for easy operation
- Ideal for making your cryo-EM sample preparation more efficient
- Compatible with the MiTeGen Cryo Plunger or the ThermoFisher™ Vitrobot™
- Commercialized from Dr. Christopher Russo, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
- The Ethane Cryostat consists of the Cryostat dewar, dewar foam lid, ethane cup, grid holder ring which can hold 4 grid boxes and the ethane cup
- The temperature is controlled via the Ethane Cryostat Temperature Controller. The Cryostat Temperature Controller can be purchased separately or can be purchased with the Cryostat as a complete system.
- The Ethane Cryostat can be used without the Temperature Controller if desired.
The ethane cryostat attaches to the ethane cryostat temperature controller. (Sold Separately) The ethane cup has heaters underneath it. The heat is controlled by the control box. The heater will heat the ethane to the appropriate temperature. The heater prevents the ethane from becoming solidified.