UltrAuFoil Holey Gold Films
The UltrAuFoil® holey gold films are ultrastable gold supports for electron cryomicroscopy and will reduce the movement of frozen specimens during imaging. This improves image contrast and quality leading to better 3D reconstructions with less data.
During imaging at cryo-temperatures, traditional carbon supports move, particularly at the beginning of irradiation. This movement blurs images and makes it difficult to determine the structures of small and challenging molecules.
There are three options available. These are:
- M-CEM-Q250AR2A – Hole Shape: R 2/2 – Hole Size: 2.2u – Carbon Type: Gold – Mesh: 200 – Quantity: Pack of 50
- M-CEM-Q350AR13A – Hole Shape: R 1.2/1.3 – Hole Size: 1.2u – Carbon Type: Gold – Mesh: 300 – Quantity: Pack of 50
- M-CEM-Q350AR1A – Hole Shape: R 0.6/1 – Hole Size: 0.6u – Carbon Type: Gold – Mesh: 300 – Quantity: Pack of 50
See below for full description or choose your desired type below and add to cart.Full Description
Characteristics of UltrAuFoil
- Thickness of gold foil is about 500 Å
- Structure of gold foil regular square array of micrometer-sized circular holes. Available geometries: R 0.6/1, R 1.2/1.3, R 2/2
- TEM grid available in Gold 300 mesh (R 0.6/1 or R 1.2/1.3 geometry) and Gold 200 mesh (R 2/2 geometry)
Using UltrAuFoils®, designed at MRC's Laboratory of Molecular Biology by Dr Christopher J Russo and Dr Lori A Passmore and produced by Quantifoil Micro Tools, specimen motion can be reduced significantly. (For details see: Ultrastable gold substrates for electron cryomicroscopy, Science, 2014, Vol. 346 no. 6215 pp. 1377-1380).
You may also like…
NanoSoft Cryo TweezersCryo-Tweezers work with all generations of the FEI Vitrobot and offer multiple features that make the sample...
MiTeGen Cryo-EM Pucks Generation 2.0Know you are loading your best grids into the microscope. Organize, track, and ship your samples on grids for...
Cryo-EM Lab Tool Kits – Overview and CompareThe MiTeGen Cryo-EM Lab Tool Kits are designed to provide your lab with everything you need to start using...