MicroLoops™ provide a superior tool for retrieving and mounting small samples of all sorts including crystals, single cells and tissues. In protein and small molecule crystallography, they provide much lower background X-ray scatter than any other loop-style mount. Unique designs are optimized for challenging applications.
The Impact of Loop choice
Compared with other loop-style mounts, MicroLoops™ provide:
- A more convenient and efficient scoop-like action in retrieving crystals that minimizes the chance of crystal loss or damage.
- Excellent rigidity during sample retrieval and in cold gas streams.
- Excellent tip visibility at large inclination angles (important when retrieving samples from small wells) due to beveling of the supporting rod. Rods can be cut using cutters or bent using pliers.
- Much lower background X-ray scatter (roughly 1/3 that of mylar mounts).
- Much more accurate and reproducible sample positioning in the X-ray beam.
A general purpose, economical loop that is great for high-throughput applications. Available in 10 different sizes from 50 to 1000 μm.
Dual-Thickness MicroLoops™ LD
Thinner necks to minimize drop disturbance when inserted into small liquid drops, making crystal harvesting faster and easier.
Available in 8 different sizes from 20 to 300 μm. Click here to see all 8 designs.
- Great for sub-microliter drops and microfluidic crystallization cards/chips.
- Puncture protein skins and retrieve crystals without removing the skin.
- Thick polymer in the neck region
makes these loops very rigid in liquid drops and cold gas streams. Thin polymer in the loop region ensures
the lowest possible background scatter in X-ray diffraction applications.
Elongated apertures, for needle or rod-shaped samples. The small fingers projecting into the aperture gently support your sample. Use inclined apertures to improve crystal orientation for the most efficient data collection.
Click here to see all 8 designs.