MicroMeshes™ are ideal for very small (<30 μm) samples, allowing them to be sieved out of solution. They also provide continuous and delicate support for thin plates, rods, and tissue samples.
Each box contains twenty (20) MicroMeshes™
- Sieving action allows easy retrieval and mounting of small (<30 μm) samples.
- Continuous support for fragile samples.
- Rigid yet thin construction. Minimal bending in viscous solutions and in cold gas streams.
- Lowest background X-ray scatter of any commercial mount.
- Excellent tip visibility at large inclination angles (important when retrieving samples from small wells) due to beveling of the supporting rod. Rods can be cut using cutters or bent using pliers.
- Accurate and reproducible sample positioning in the X-ray beam.
MicroMeshes SH™ – 80 μm diameter mesh area with 15 μm openings. The small head fits entirely within the X-ray beam diameter typical of standard synchrotron beam lines and of focused laboratory sources. You don’t have to see your tiny sample to align it: just center the 80 μm head in the beam, and your sample will be within it. The smaller head also makes it easier to mount a single sample, and produces less background scatter when the beam is aligned along the plane of the film.
Indexed MicroMeshes™ – 300 or 400 μm mesh areas with 25 μm openings. Index marks and numbers make it easier to locate (and then to relocate) a given sample. Identify the most promising samples on your home microscope, and then easily find them again, e.g., at a microfocus X-ray source. Additional diagonal tabs allow the front/back orientation of the mesh and a crystal’s position on the mesh to be uniquely determined in only a 100 μm field of view. Crystals can sometimes be more clearly seen in the larger square openings of the 400/25-IN2 design. The flat top of the 300/25-IN1 design makes it easier to scrape/scoop samples off of the bottom of a well or slide.
These styles are available in single size boxes of 20 MicroMeshes™ or as an assortment:
A1: 20 pins, 5 each of 400/10, 400/25, 400/50, and 700/25 μm head diameter/mesh aperture.
MicroMeshes™ are built on 18 mm / SPINE length rods (pins), which are now standard at nearly all synchrotron beam lines in the world. Other pin lengths are also available: (11mm, 19mm, and 25mm)
We strongly recommend using heavy-duty, serrated-tip tweezers to handle MicroMeshes™.
MicroMeshes™ are compatible with all standard X-ray hardware and can be inserted in 0.7 mm mechanical pencils or micromanipulators for easy handling.
You may also like…
Quickly assemble MiTeGen Mounts, Loops, and Meshes into bases for crystal harvesting, without using glue or waiting for epoxy to dry.
• Reuse Over and Over to Save Time and Costs
• Beamline Automounter Compatible Designs Learn More about Reusable Bases
• Works at Cryogenic & Room Temp
(Looking for GBV SKUs? CryoVials are now being sold separately)
A general purpose loop that is great for high-throughput applications. Available in 10 different sizes from 50 to 1000 μm.
Each box contains twenty (20) MicroLoops™
The In Situ‐1™ plate enables crystallography researchers to easily grow, transport and screen crystals of their targets.Full Description